2 jun 2009

Our Favorite Things...



That French Vogue's Carine Roitfeld divulged to Thomas Persson and Jonny Johansson in the latest Acne Paper (issue 8, summer '09), which just launched in New York:

I am sorry Acne, but I don't wear jeans...However, I think that jeans is one of the most important items of clothing today and that is also why we have done an issue just about jeans.
I never wear miniskirts because they make me look older.
I am skinny, and all my girls are skinny. People think I weigh my girls in the office but I do not.
When I started doing all the Gucci campaigns with Tom Ford and Mario Testino we pushed so much and after that everyone coped it...A lot of girls started to shave their pussy in different ways after that so it really became a trend. Many artists played with the pictures too, so it was fun.
My dream is to be a strong Helmut Newton woman. For me this is the woman for Vogue. I never worked with Newton but I would have liked to because I love his humour and his idea of woman.
I think sometimes I need a psychiatrist just to understand what I did in my pictures. You know, I have been repetitive about eroticism. And knives...I hate knives.
Fantasy is better than real life. When I do a fashion shoot the girl is like an actress, this fantasy of who she is and what she is doing. Perhaps the reader only sees the clothes but for me everything has a meaning. I am a big dreamer.