30 jul 2008

* The 2009 Resort Collection *

I've never paid too much attention to Resort and I usually forget all about it! This year, though, there happened to be a ton of wonderful collections. I am sure by now any of you following this years Resorts have all fallen madly in love with Balenciaga, but I've decided to share with you my favorites. Most of these are up and coming designers no one major, I did love McCartney and Balenciaga, Helmut Lang, Prada was great too, but these take the cake in my opinion!

Alexander Wang is great because he's so fresh and young. The sexiness of his designs comes with ease. There is a real laid back feel to all of his collections. I really loved this resort collection because it had such a tomboy edge. The shoes are great and the asymmetry is refreshing, it really enforces the laid back nature of this line.

Jenni Kayne Resort 2009 Collection is HOT! There literally are no other words to describe this collection. This more than 100% captures exactly what level of style I hope to archive with age. One day I hope to look/dress like this everyday. I can also guarantee you that I will be trying to duplicate this look all year long! I adore the shoes, the simple silhouettes and pieces the muted colours and the pop of yellow. What more could anyone ask for in a line? This line even beat out Balenciaga as my number one favorite collection of Resort 2009.


ph credits: style.com